Friday 22 August 2008

Why I ♥ The Body Shop

I've always enjoyed visiting The Body Shop. As soon as you walk inside you are instantly greeted by a lovely smell and the staff are always very friendly and helpful. The last time I went with my friends and we were all offered a free makeover! The woman that did mine advised me on which products to use and for my blue eyes said she was going to try purple eyeshadow which she was going to mix with silver. I was very apprehensive about this as I usually wear neutral eyeshadows such as browns and imagined myself looking like a clown, but when I saw the end result I was very impressed! She also used an eyebrow pencil which I don't normally use but gave my eyebrows more definition and my face felt very refreshed after the Seaweed toner and moisturiser she applied.

5 reasons to shop at The Body Shop:
  • On their UK website they are currently offering free delivery on all orders. This is rare as normally offers like this are only applicable on orders above a certain amount. Free delivery is often useful as it can cost a lot! Also on offer on the website is a free hand and nail treatment when you spend £25 online and there are 2 for £10 offers on a range of products

  • In store or on the website you can complete a questionnaire and it will tell you which skin type you have and therefore which skin range is applicable to you
  • Their products are ecologically and animal friendly and regularly support good causes. At the moment every purchase of a lip care product has part of the proceeds going towards Women's Aid, a project that helps women and children affected by domestic violence
  • This body butter is amazing! Many of their body butters have won awards, such as the Cherry Blossom one which has been recommended by Vogue, and the strawberry one which is the winner of the Sunday Times Style Best Moisturiser award. The smell is heavenly and words cannot really do it justice. The cream is so soft! You can buy it in different sizes ranging from £5 to £12.



  • Like with the body butter the eyeshadows are also great. The ones that I would recommend are those in the cubes (see below) as the quality is superb and you do get a lot of eyeshadow for your money! The shimmer really does help enhance your eyes. These cost £16.

2 comments:

Sienna said...

I love the body shop :)

K said...

the body shop is great. i got the worlds best foundation from there, but it was about 4 years ago and now it has run out and i think they have discontinued the line! gutting.