Monday 18 February 2008

There's no point buying gorgeous clothes if they're simply slung into the corner of your bedroom. Wardrobes can become a real feature of the room and innovative storage techniques add a quirky twist. I've found hat boxes to be really useful for storing just about anything - bags, jewellery, old photo albums. Be creative!



L-R: Provencale Wardrobe, Laura Ashley, £1575. Toulouse Wardrobe, Marks and Spencers £1,190. Reece Wardrobe, Marks and Spencers £349. Devon Wardrobe, Laura Ashley £900. Vintage Rose hangers, John Lewis, £5.

4 comments:

Secretista said...

Great idea!

Alexandra said...

I have terrible storage challenges. I moved in an apartment that has nowhere near enough closet space. While I'm working around finding solutions for clothes storage, I still have no idea how to store my shoes. I'm thinking I just might get those see-through boxes and stack them somewhere - but they're so bulky and take so much space, and look so very cheap. Argh!

Jill said...

Those wardrobes are great, but my room is on the smaller side, so big furniture will just make it look even more cluttered. I have to go for the smaller types.

Pratishtha Durga said...

Listen, this is funny! I was recently planning to do a post on organizing your wardrobe better. Because I am myself struggling with storage all the time. In my house, it's clothes and shoes Vs Books and books. I agree with Jill here, except that after I got married, I had to shift into my In-laws' home. They had shifted to London and the house was empty. So for the time being, I have to make do with the existing furniture. Sigh!

Love your blog, though. Am headed for London soon, so will make a note of all your fashion tips.